The last time I made a post it was about me expressing my ideas about living in the moment and not for the moment. I decided that instead of living my life dreaming of that moment I see myself the happiest, I will be living each and every day making special moments for myself. Living. Pushing myself out of myself out of my comfort zone and making sure every minute is fun.
I didn’t quit my job. I’m still in college and I still want to become a successful husband and father some day. But now those are small fragments of my life’s vision. My vision is to live my life having fun and making adventures both humongous and microscope and everything in between. I’m 22 and from now until the day I die I will be making every moment special.
I’ve decided that I will be doing a bucket list for the year. From here until I’m 23 I’m going to complete a list of 50 things I want to do. Most of these things will be firsts for me. I don’t want my life to be routine or plain. I don’t want to be the type of person who just works, comes home, hangout with friends every so often, then repeat. I realize that who I am is an adventurer. A dreamer. I want to embrace that and hopefully embrace others to do the same.
- Visit Canada for a week.
- Enter a bodybuilding competition
- Watch the sun set
- Watch the sun rise
- Illustrate a graphic novel
- Read 12 books or more. One for each month.
- Make a collage.
- Recycle 100+ bottles/cans
- Buy 7 Avril Lavigne T-shirts
- Go to a shooting range
- Look into professional temporary tattoos
- Design a T-shirt
- Play a stranger in scrabble
- Buy a taser
- Finish a draft of Love Bleeds Red
- Finish/Publish “Whisper”
- Go to the Soldiers/ Sailors Monument
- Plant something
- Make an Avril Lavigne+The Pretty Reckless Mix
- Build two build-a-bears and donate them/give them away to someone I don’t know
- Paint/Draw something on a boarded canvas and give it away
- Give away 100$ to a stranger
- Watch the entire Star Wars series before December 18th and go to the premier of The Force Awakens.
- Attend an outdoor yoga class.
- Beat a video game’s main story line on a hard difficulty setting
- Go to the movies 12 times this year or more. One for each month.
- Get a pedicure
- Paint a portrait
- Dog sit someone’s dog for free
- Go go-karting
- Go paint balling.
- Go on a nature walk
- Go fishing with Dad
- Inspire someone
So far I’ve only got 35 things. I’ve been taking ideas from friends and family to make the list more meaningful and challenging. I’ll update this list as I come up with more challenges and complete them. Each time I complete something on my list I’ll post a picture on here and Instagram.
My point in posting this stuff is to hopefully inspire others to live life in the moment and not for it. Have a blast. Do something that makes your blood rush. Laugh everyday and make others smile. I look forward to completing this list!